Inside the classroom - 2 / 3
Posted by Sanjeev on 09 May 2010
This may sound paradoxical but in this blog entry i am going to take a setup outside the classroom to shed some light on "Inside the Classroom" experience.
This weekend members of the London Business School Cricket Club organized an inter-stream cricket tournament at Regent's Park. The event drew 8 teams - one from each of the 5 streams from the MBA 2011 class, 1 team from the MiM 2010 class and 2 from the MBA 2010 class. The format of the game was tweaked to accommodate a rare occasion when so many people could get together willingly of course, to 8-a-side in a 7 over game.
The day long knock-out tournament culminated in the finale played between Stream A (technically the 2011 inter-stream champions) and an assorted 2010 team of seniors.The picture below captures the camaraderie and spirit of the runners-up team from Stream A.
- William - Wicket-keeper extraordinaire!
- Barry - Ice-cool, ideal for pressure situations
- Karhik - Buoyant and adaptive
- Rajesh - Spin linchpin of our team
- Varun - Captain & MVP (match-winner)
- Sid - Economy bowler who milks wickets
- Shankar - Precision pacer
Back Row (Left to Right):
- Sebastian - All-rounder & MVP (match-winner)
- Rafael - Mexican fieldsman
- Sanjeev - the guy who takes the hits (literally) while his peers hit the ball
- Maxime (hidden from view) - Canadian discovery & MVP (a lusty hitter and cheetah like fieldsman)
- Andrew - Dependable like Dravid
- Hajime - Terrific fielder and perhaps the first Japanese with a 100% score rate in MBA cricket!