« Time to travel around - Birmingham | Main | Reward Time »

NYC Media Trek

Posted by Kimmi on 12 March 2010

The Media club at LBS is hands down the best run club on campus.  I know that's quite a contention but I do think it deserves the praise.  I just returned from the first-ever LBS Media Trek to NYC. In a span of two days, 13 students from the MBA class of 2010 and 2011 (as well as some on exchange in NYC) met with 7 companies representing various aspects of the Media realm.  We met with companies such as Google, Time Warner, Meredith Publishing, Limewire, MTV Networks, and Digital Broadcasting Group to name a few.  Because of the small group size we got to spend quality time with executives at each company learning about their business, challenges, and opportunities. Moreover, since the trek was on a Thursday and Friday, we even got to enjoy a rather sunny weekend in NYC! 

If there's one piece of advice I'd dole out to future students - its find out what clubs you are passionate about and become active in them - it's truly one of the more rewarding aspects of the MBA!  And, if the club doesn't exist, you can always be the first to start it.  Now I'm looking forward to organizing the Entrepreneurship Club Conference coming up in May...which I suspect will be another high note of my first year MBA experience!

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d834527c6769e201310f8fed03970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference NYC Media Trek: