« Wow. September Orientation flew by. | Main | 5 Weeks in... »

Scholarship briefing

Posted by Samuel on 27 September 2009

I couldn’t describe my surprise when I received an e-mail the 23rd of December from the LBS Scholarship Committee. They had decided to offer me one of the school Annual Fund Scholarships based on my initial application package. This award was in the form of a discount from my first year fees.  What a great Christmas present!!

Last Friday, more than one month into the programme, all the scholars were invited to our first Scholarship briefing session. The aim of this informal gathering was to give us some background information on what it means to have a scholarship at London Business School.

Big surprise when I entered the lecture hall: we were more than 60 people!

It means that about 20% of the enrolled MBA students were able to soften the burden of their tuition fees. True, the scholarships portfolio available to successful applicants is particularly wide. One can have a look on the school website (scholarships portfolio). However, it is always good to see that corporate partners are still there to support scholars, even during these uncertain economic times. Citibank, Deutsche Bank, Vodafone... All there and all granted to our MBA class of 2011!

Next most formal rendezvous: the evening of November the 12th to attend the Scholarship Drinks Reception. We will have the chance to formally meet and thank our donors (both individual and corporate) in person. It is the least we can do to acknowledge and recognise their generous support!

More on this event in a coming post...

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d834527c6769e20120a5f88357970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Scholarship briefing: