« Comparing notes... and everything else | Main | Why I chose London Business School – 1/3 »

Posted by Don on 07 September 2009

Hi all,
so I finally had to pack my bags and leave London after almost 2 years. It was a very strange feeling - I had a great time and liked the area and flat. But most of my friends have previously left London - due to the economy far fewer graduates of the 09 class have found jobs in London. The transition period was marked by 6 weeks of intense training (aptly called bootcamp) by the bank, including weekly exams. I met a lot of people from all over the world - very similar to the MBA experience. But whenever I went back to school (to go running in Regent's Park, for example) I realized that the new class has already arrived - definitely time for me old-schooler to move on.
I had 22 hours stopover in Munich to see family and friends en route to Singapore. While going down the escalator to get my luggage I saw a huge advertisement by the company Linde, reading: Welcome to Munich, see you in Singapore. How funny that they especially put that up for me ...
After another 12 hours I was back in Asia. Back to service country (the cab driver tried to sell me his country as superior to Hong Kong, what a change to the usual unhappiness of London cab drivers) and great food (proper spicy Lakhsa within 5 minutes!) at food courts for next to nothing. Back also to 32 degrees and 90% humidity!
So, after two more days of training and networking I will be relocating to Hong Kong and on Monday start my first full-time rotation. 3 more months of rotating and I will have my final desk. A long journey is slowly coming to an end ...
To the incoming class of 2011 - welcome! Enjoy the ride and the experience and make the most out of it - everyone in their own ways.
Take care,
Don

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d834527c6769e20120a5546ada970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference :