« Back to exams | Main | Top 10 Things... »

A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words

Posted by Rebecca on 11 August 2009

A classmate of mine sent me an email today with the following subject line: Ultimate Procrastination Tool.  The email consisted of a single link: www.wordle.net   Thanks Mirwais, you were right - I managed to waste a lot of time playing with this captivating site that creates visualisations from text. You can enter in text yourself or link it to websites and blogs.  The size of each word is determined by its frequency.  Being the nerd that I am, I played around with all sorts of texts - all the emails from an ex-boss (the words NOW and MUST were very prominent), an entire chapter of my favorite book (thanks Google!) and last but not least the LBS MBA blog.  I thought you might find the last one interesting so I've posted it here. I was struck by the size of words like "great" and "group". 

MBA Blog

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d834527c6769e20120a4e6593d970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words: