« What do you want to do post-MBA? Consulting or Finance? Entrepreneurship or Family Business? | Main | 2010's arrive! »

What does it feel to be an alumna?

Posted by Martha on 20 September 2008

Better than I thought. At business school, I thought alumni came from a different, cold, and very distant world. I thought as an alumna I would feel gone from the action, away from where important things were happening (aka business school).

But, yesterday was my first day in Dubai and have already met with a good friend of mine: Neville Crawley. We were in the same stream during the MBA and together studied Mandarin symbols for hours. In addition, I have already reached out to a few other business school alumni, with whom I am likely to meet within the next few days. Yesterday I realised I trust these people significantly, I feel strongly connected to them, and I feel at home with them - all of us foreigners in the same city.

I might just be too excited about starting full-time work, but today I feel very happy, proud, and -must accept- relieved to belong to this network of people. Today I think being an alumna is awesome!

Later will tell more about Dubai and life in consulting after an MBA and oil rigs.

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d834527c6769e2010534bbdb22970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference What does it feel to be an alumna?: