« Kyle's Birthday | Main | The last laps of the MBA »

As the world turns... we wait by the lines.

Posted by Melanie on 11 February 2008

Getting a call from "private no." has become the highlight, the climax, of the day. Watching classmates, friends briskly excuse themselves from the classroom is the excitement of the day. "Private no." is the HR manager calling to invite one to the next level in the interview process. Banks have been handing out their offers, the golden tickets to a long and prosperous career. Consulting girms have been a bit more dramatic; the added element of the wait. But thankfully it gives time to prep and decompress... sort of.

I have to agree with Scuba Don's tips  - what I've gained the last several weeks, which I hadn't expected, were friendships solidified by us supporting each other on CV & cover letter reviewing, case cracking, and morale boosting. I may not have had the invitation or offer by so-and-so firm, but at least my friends did. Awesome.

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d834527c6769e200e5502df7018833

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference As the world turns... we wait by the lines.: