« Should I stay, shoudl I go... on the Hong-Kong trek | Main | The Calm Before the Storm »

Diwali - the festival of light and fireworks!!

Posted by Stuart on 11 November 2007

Yesterday, as with most days at London Business School, I discovered yet more about the culture of my fellow class-mates and had the honour of sharing the Diwali celebrations with the India Club.

Following a "swift-half" in the Windsor with a few friends it was off to get my Diwali armband (something to do with licensing laws...) and sit down for the dinner. A feast of Indian food was accompanied by bread, samosas, a plentiful supply of wine and some great company.

We followed this with the real festival of light a.k.a around half an hour of fantastic fireworks and the opportunity to test the "firework" setting on my camera, which I hope you will agree, resulted in some fantastic photos (see below).

The evening was rounded off with some amazing Bollywood style dancing, a VIP from the film industry (I have forgotten even though I probably should remember) and then the floor opened up for the rest of us to bust a few moves!

All in all a fantastic night and yet another reason to come to such an international school :o)

Cimg0253 Cimg0235 Cimg0256

Cimg0278 Cimg0267_2