« I'm just a poor boy, and my project's still untold... (The Shadower) | Main | Fuzzy Good Feeling »

Do you want to work in New York?

Posted by Matthew on 29 October 2007

Well, I think that I very well might want to work in New York someday, so I went on the London Business School New York Finance Trek this week. It was an excellent decision. Beyond being in the best food city in the world, I was able to visit 9 banks in 3 days with 8 other members of a motley crew led by our fearless leader, Lara. This trip was designed to enhance the reputation of the school in New York and hopefully gain employment for us as well. I also found out during this trip that London Business School truly has alumni located all over the world in many senior positions. It was a great opportunity to network and get to know these institutions better.

One thing that you may not know about B-School -- when the big companies come to visit the school, you often do not get to have prolonged discussions because there are so many people vying for their good graces. But we were a small group that was able to make real connections that will only help in the future.

On a side note, for those Americans coming to London Business School, shop as much as possible in New York before your arrival. I didn't realize how much I missed New York food and shopping before this week. Now, I get to go back to Tesco discount sandwiches.

Thank you for sparking memories of my own phenomenal trip to New York! It's a great place to live and work and your observations about the benefits of meeting with potential employers as a small group are bang on!

Linda M. Lopeke
http://www.smartstartcoach.com
SMARTSTART: Success-to-go for people working@the speed of life!

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d834527c6769e200e54f00a7908833

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Do you want to work in New York?: